Community Development Fund
Chard Town Council is committed to encouraging community development and aims to work closely with organisations and groups by financially supporting projects that benefit local residents. The Council has a duty to ensure that grants awarded under this scheme aim to make a difference to the quality of life of people living in Chard.
Chard Town Council recognises and values the importance of partnership working with public and private sector organisations as well as community groups and voluntary organisations and aims to support and strengthen community participation, activities and events and to help develop a sustainable welcoming community.
Applications can be submitted at any time. The panel meets bimonthly to review any applications that are sent in.
Annual Grants – NOW OPEN
Could your group benefit from a Council grant?
Each year Chard Town Council awards a limited number of grants to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations in order to help meet its priorities and to benefit the residents of Chard.
The grants are awarded to organisations whose aims meet at least one of the 5 priorities set by Chard Town Council:
- To enable residents to enjoy high quality social, recreational and cultural facilities within the town and to seek the continuing improvement and development of these facilities in accordance with the desires expressed by the residents
- To encourage and promote the economic and commercial vitality of Chard in a way that encourages sustainable employment opportunities, housing and business facilities
- To preserve the unique identity of Chard and promote its heritage and its environment
- To help create a socially inclusive and caring community, which embraces all its residents equally, seeking to develop their well-being, knowledge, understanding and mutual co-operation
- To encourage the positive development of young people and provide high quality social, recreational, health and wellbeing opportunities for them
This is a great opportunity for local organisations to utilise the grant to help with their running costs or overall activities and keep on providing important services to the people of Chard.
The maximum amount available through the Annual Grant scheme is £1,000 per organisation.
We would like to invite applicants to apply, using the application form linked below, to the Town Clerk outlining the aims of the organisation, the Council priorities that they meet and what the funds will be used for.
Closing date: Please return forms to the Town Clerk by Friday 8th June 2018 12:00 Noon