Chard Town Council has launched a new, updated version of their website (www.chard.gov.uk).
The previous website has been relaunched as Council Members were keen to have a website that focused more on Chard and the local community. They believe that the new site will better reflect the wealth of local business and community talents the town has to offer, as well as make it easier for people to find out ‘What’s On’ and ‘How to be Involved’.
A few of the new features on this website include:
- FAQs where Chard Town Council’s most asked questions regarding services can be found quickly and easily
- An Events page where anyone can upload details of an event taking place in Chard and the surrounding area, and promote this for free
- Business and local organisation directories where both local residents and visitors to the town can search via category to find exactly what they are looking for.
If local businesses or organisations would like to add to our directories, please contact us to join the directory.
- A booking request form for the Guildhall, so customers can make booking enquiries directly to us via the website as well as much more information about the rooms and facilities we have on offer
- Direct links to our new Twitter and Mayor’s Facebook page
All of the information about the Town Council is still on the site, including our budgets, policies and minutes of meetings. There are also easy links to use if you want to email any of your town, district or county councillors about any issues you have within the town.
We welcome any feedback on the new site, and hope you like it as much as we do.