The Guildhall is sharing its secrets. Come along and enjoy a day visiting the clock tower, meeting the Mayor of Chard, taking part in craft activities, hearing stories and investigating the hidden depths of this fabulous Grade II Listed Building.
The event will take place on Friday 17th and Saturday 18th September 2021.
There will be access to the hidden parts of the Guildhall including:
• Town Hall
• Clock Tower
• Front stairs
• Dressing Rooms
The Historical Offer will include
• A display of the old plans of the building
• A display of the history of the Guildhall
• The civic regalia will be on show and there will be talks
• Learn all about the history of the Chard Mace
• The Mayor will be in attendance.
• Meet the Mace Bearer and the Town Crier
• A craft and painting workshop for the children
• Tours of the building and talks on the building and refurbishment
• Morris dancing
There will be an external gazebo outside promoting the Chard Reservoir.
There will be films of Chard being screened in the auditorium and there will also be plenty of images to look at and talk about.
Soundtrack – background music will be regional Somerset folk songs.
Friday 17 September: 9:30 am to 1:30pm
Saturday 18 September: 9:30 am to 1:30pm
Please contact us to book a free space for the Bread Making Workshop (10 spaces available).
The clock tower tours can only be undertaken by able bodied members of the community. Tours will be restricted to 2 adults or 1 adult and 2 children. All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
This event will run in line with local & national government guidelines at the time of the festival.
Max 2 people per tour/session. Tour of clocktower will take 10 minutes Contact for the day: Paul Russell 07772 657446
opens in a new windowwww.chard.gov.uk/
The Guildhall is situated in the centre of Chard along Fore Street.
Chard Town Council