Please find information below which may be helpful to you in the coming days
The State Funeral of Her Majesty The Queen will take place at Westminster Abbey on Monday 19 September at 11am. This day has been declared a Bank Holiday. Schools and colleges will be closed.
A two-minute silence will also be observed nationally at 11am as part of the state funeral. You can opens in a new windowsee the official Government guidance here.
We continue to keep this webpage updates with all the latest information – opens in a new windowhttps://www.southsomerset.gov.uk/news/2022/9/her-majesty-the-queen-elizabeth-ii-1926-2022/
The Local Proclamation in South Somerset can be viewed on Facebook – opens in a new windowhttps://fb.watch/fuFt0MHWSN/ – or Youtube – opens in a new windowhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi1ejHXHNyA.
South Somerset District Council:
- Customer Connect Offices and phone lines will be closed. Online services remain open at opens in a new windowwww.southsomerset.gov.uk
Recreation and Leisure:
- Goldenstones Leisure Centre in Yeovil, Chard Leisure Centre, Wincanton Leisure Centre and Westlands Sports Centre will be closed
- Yeovil Recreation Centre, café, golf and sports facilities will be closed; open green space is open as usual
- Ninesprings Café at Yeovil Country Park will be closed
- The Octagon Theatre and Westlands Entertainment Venue will be closed
- Cartgate Visitor Information Centre will be closed
- Community Heritage Access Centre will be closed
- Yeovil Country Park, Ham Hill Country Park and Chard Reservoir Local Nature Reserve green spaces will be open as usual, however these sites will not be staffed
- Yeovil Crematorium, cemetery and garden of remembrance will remain open
- Lufton: the Plant Nursery and MOT centre will be closed
Yeovil Innovation Centre:
- The main office and front desk will be closed. Access to office spaces will remain open to tenants
All services will resume as per usual opening times on Tuesday 20 September.
Waste and recycling services:
Somerset Waste Partnership has confirmed that there will be no collections taking place or recycling sites open on Monday 19 September. All collections, including recycling, rubbish and garden waste, will take place a day later than scheduled for the rest of the week. Collections scheduled for Friday 23 September take place on Saturday 24 September. All 16 of Somerset’s recycling sites will be closed on Monday 19 September.