Chard Town Council is looking for a Caretaker to work initially 20 hours per week and two Casual Caretakers to join The Guildhall Caretaking Team. This is an exciting time to join the team as we move out of Covid restrictions and look to improve the quality, variety and quantity of events at Chard’s premier venue.
All Caretaker roles will assist the Senior Caretaker in the preparation of The Guildhall facilities for hirers and to undertake planned and response maintenance and cleaning, including:-
- Ensuring the building is clean and maintained to the highest standards at all times.
- Providing excellent customer care to users and hirers of the building.
- Ensuring all health and Safety requirements are complied with.
Experience of Caretaking, Maintenance Operative, Handyman, repairs, Health and Safety, DIY, COSHH, Electrician, Carpenter, Joiner, Plumber, etc. will be advantageous attributes for applicants. All essential training will be given.
Hours of Work – As required Monday to Sunday (days and evenings).
Salary – (SCP Range 3 – 6) £9.65 – £10.24 per hour.
- Application formopens WORD file
- Caretaker Job Description and Person Specificationopens PDF file
- Casual Caretaker Job Description Person and Specificationopens PDF file
The application pack can also be obtained by emailing email@example.com create new emailor by calling 01460 239567
Address – The Guildhall, Fore Street, Chard, Somerset TA20 1PP
(The office is open Monday to Thursday 9am – 5pm and Fridays from 9am – 4.30pm)
PLEASE NOTE – Submitted CV’s will not be considered.