Countryside Alliance Awards 2017
Get involved and support your local rural businesses
The Countryside Alliance Awards, also known as the ‘Rural Oscars’, are THE rural business awards to win, and give a voice and platform to the best of our produce, enterprise, heritage and communities and we would like you to get involved to help generate nominations and support your local businesses.
The Rural Oscars are diverse, highly coveted and a great morale boost to those in the running. They were borne of a desire to give a voice and a platform to rural businesses and to acknowledge the efforts of thousands of unsung heroes who routinely go above and beyond the call of duty for their communities. The Countryside Alliance had long felt the many “doom and gloom” tales of rural decline in the media did not accurately reflect the spirit of rural people and their desire to protect our landscapes and communities for future generations.
Nominated by the public, the Awards recognise and honour those who routinely go the extra mile for their community. Nominations are open from now until 13 November 2017. Winners will be announced in Spring 2018 at the grand final at the House of Lords.
The five categories are:
- Local Food/Drink – Have they put the community on the map via the quality and diversity of local produce being sold?
- Village Shop/ Post Office – Are they the cornerstone of the village and breathed life into the community and local economy?
- Butcher – Is traditional butchery at the heart of the enterprise or have they brought a modern twist to this ancient skill?
- Rural Enterprise – Is this business a growing asset to its community and making a real contribution?
- Pub – Would winning this competition reward a really special enterprise and tell a positive story about rural life while championing local food and drink?
To nominate please follow this link: www.countryside-alliance.org/