Could your group benefit from a Council grant?
Each year Chard Town Council awards a limited number of grants to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations in order to help meet its priorities and to benefit the residents of Chard.
The grants are awarded to organisations whose aims meet at least one of the 5 priorities set by Chard Town Council:
- To enable residents to enjoy high quality social, recreational and cultural facilities within the town and to seek the continuing improvement and development of these facilities in accordance with the desires expressed by the residents
- To encourage and promote the economic and commercial vitality of Chard in a way that encourages sustainable employment opportunities, housing and business facilities
- To preserve the unique identity of Chard and promote its heritage and its environment
- To help create a socially inclusive and caring community, which embraces all its residents equally, seeking to develop their well-being, knowledge, understanding and mutual co-operation
- To encourage the positive development of young people and provide high quality social, recreational, health and wellbeing opportunities for them
This is a great opportunity for local organisations to utilise the grant to help with their running costs or overall activities and keep on providing important services to the people of Chard.
The maximum amount available through the Annual Grant scheme is £1,000 per organisation.
We would like to invite applicants to apply, to the Town Clerk outlining the aims of the organisation, the Council priorities that they meet and what the funds will be used for.
Closing date: Please return forms to the Town Clerk by Friday 8th June 2018 12:00 Noon